|03 February 2019
CHESHIRE EGB TRAINING DAY
VENUE: New Barn Arena, Chelford Road, Ollerton, Nr. Knutsford, WA16 8SZ.
with ANDRAYA HISCOCK,
and LUCY DENBY
Click here for a location map.
Our training day in 2019 will be at New Barn stables, Chelford Rd. Ollerton, Knutsford on February 3rd.
Following last year's programme which had great feedback from those who took part, we will again be concentrating on horse and rider balance with individual assessments, as well as sessions on the vetting procedure at rides, aimed especially at riders thinking of starting in competitive events, and how to judge your horses pace for best results and the elusive Grade 1's!
Andraya Hiscock, veterinary physiotherapist, Claire Whitfield, classical riding instructor and Lucy Denby, human osteopath combine to check horse and rider individually and as a combination, to help your balance and correct any problems before the start of the competitive season.
Please contact Liz Finney to book a place, times will be allocated later.
Once you have booked a place please send cheques payable to Cheshire EGB to Muriel Taylor, 14, Hillside Rd, West Kirby, Wirral. CH48 8BB.
£30 per rider and horse, £10 without horse.
Liz Finney 01565 633310, 07970 203362
Tel 01565 633310;
|07 February 2019
CHESHIRE GROUP OF ENDURANCE GB
Annual Meeting, Awards Evening & Supper
Thursday 7th February 2019
Click here for a location map.
HEYROSE GOLF CLUB TABLEY, WA16 0HZ
(on Budworth Rd. off B5391 off A556 from J19 M6)
Signed from The Windmill towards Arley Hall
7.30pm for meal at 8.00pm
You can send ticket money to Pat from now. She will not be issueing tickets this year but will keep a list of who has paid and publish it a week before.
Please make cheques made payable to ‘Cheshire Group of Endurance GB’.
The meal will be a roast and hot pudding with vegetarian option.
Vegetarian Option: Please let Pat know when booking your tickets if you wish to select the vegetarian option.
Prizes for the RAFFLE would be greatly appreciated.
If you're a new or seasoned member it's a great evening to socialise with other like minded people. Don't be put off by the inclusion of the Annual Meeting in the evening as we have a track record of this part being mercifully short.
We look forward to seeing you.
TROPHIES AND AWARDS
Please don't forget your distance cards should be submitted to Pennie Drummond by 31st December 2018. Please complete the following before forwarding:
Don’t forget you lucky people who won trophies last year to ensure that they are engraved and clean.
- Include a copy of your Mastercard(s) for your competitive events (National points for placings and gradings are now included as well as distance).
- Please include distance totals in Kilometres.
- Remember to include the ride where you helped and mark this with an H in the Ride Type column and 32 km in the Distance column.
- To qualify for the Group’s Trophies you MUST have helped at a ride. All members will receive annual or accumulative awards as appropriate.
- Remember only 4 charity or non-endurance rides to count. Please indicate on your card which ones have been included in your total should there be more listed. All Bridleway Groups rides count. Sport Endurance rides are not recognised and do not qualify for inclusion.
- If you wish for confirmation of safe receipt please include an SAE or an email address.
- Cards received after 31st December 2018 will only qualify for annual kilometre rosettes/accumulative awards.
- Address for Pennie: Pine View Farm, 69 Northwich Road, Cranage, Nr Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 9LE.
- Ensure correct postage is used - Pennie will NOT collect any items from the sorting office should an "insufficient postage paid" notification card be received.
Please contact Pennie to arrange for their safe return to her.
Brick Bank Lane,
Tel: 01477 534194
|17 March 2019
CEIRIOG VALLEY TRAINING RIDE
Jill Thorburn has kindly offered to host Cheshire Group members for a training ride on Sunday March 17th, in the Ceiriog valley.
The ride will start from Jill’s house where there is plenty of parking for a number of trailers and horse boxes.
Riders will set out together to cover approximately 16-20km of varied and hilly terrain.
There will be several riders who know the area which will enable the group to split if necessary. The ride will consist of quiet country lanes, rough tracks and open fields.
It will go up on to higher grounds so you will need to dress appropriately depending on the weather.
It will be suitable for conditioned barefoot horses, but boots may be advisable if in doubt. Places will be limited to available parking so book early.
The venue is Pen-Y-Gelli, Pontfadog, Llangollen, LL20 7AU, any further information or to attend contact Jill via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|19-21st April 2019
(Friday - Sunday)
TRAINING WEEKEND ON LONG MYND
Once again Sally Mellor has generously offered Cheshire Goup members the chance to spend a weekend training on the Long Mynd, based at her farm.
The weekend date is 19-21st April 2019. As this is the Easter Weekend this offer could be extended to include Easter Monday.
Sally can provide shared accommodation in a 4 bedded annex or you can bring campbeds for a further 4 to sleep in the farmhouse. Corralling is available and also 3/4 stables if required. Sally can supply good quality hay or haylage. There may be more stabling available with her neighbour or there is an equestrian centre 3mls away.
Sally will provide a selection of routes for riders to chose from to go in pairs or groups on each day.
Guided rides can be offered if booked in advance.
There is a local pub for an evening meal.
Sally is asking for voluntary donations rather than a fixed charge.
The venue is Handless Farm, Asterton, SY7 8BH. To book please contact Sally via e mail: email@example.com