EQUINE INFLUENZA - EGB's POLICY
Details of EGB's Equine Influenza Policy (which seem unchanged from last year) are available here but, for convenience and ready reference, I have copied them below at the foot of this News item.
If you are already a Full Member or a Supporter of Endurance GB, then you can upload a copy of the 'Flu Vaccination Certificate for the horse or horses that you have registered with EGB. The Certificate will be validated by the EGB office and made available to the ride entry secretaries for all national rides that you choose to enter.
Details of how to do this are set out here.
Apparently approval by the office can take up to 5 days depending on the volume received so you may want to bear that in mind.
Unfortunately, you will still have to lodge the evidence with your entries for each local ride you enter for the time being.
ENDURANCE GB'S EQUINE INFLUENZA POLICY
In consultation with the Animal Health Trust and the British Equestrian Federation, Endurance GB have drawn up the following policy with regard to flu vaccination and vaccination records. This policy remains in place during the current Equine Influenza outbreak but may be subject to change as this is an ever changing issue.
The equine's flu vaccination records must be uploaded with the event entry, emailed to the event organiser, or, in the case of paper entry, forwarded to the Endurance GB event organiser with the event entry. This applies to national or social rides, training events, etc., where equines are present. Please note that the vaccination record and identification pages of the passport must be forwarded.
Equines must undergo a primary course where the first and second vaccinations are no less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart. For equines attending Endurance GB events, the vaccination following the second vaccination of the primary course must be carried out within 7 months; the BEF strongly recommend the window for vaccination being between 150 and 215 days after the primary course. Equines who have undergone the initial 2 vaccinations in the primary course are permitted to take part in the event.
Vaccination 2: 21-92 days after vaccination 1
Vaccination 3: within 7 months of vaccination 2 (150 to 215 days after vaccination 2 preferred)
Vaccination 4: onwards within 12 months of the previous vaccination
Please also note the following:
1. The vaccination records will only be checked for the 4 calendar years preceding the event date.
2. Equines may not take part in an event until 7 days have elapsed after any vaccination.
3. The equine's passport must be with the driver of the vehicle on entry to a venue ready for examination and must be taken to the secretary on registration at the event.
4. Venues may have individual protocols for vaccination and checking, and may put additional criteria in place. These will be detailed in the event information and must also be complied with.
5. In cases where equines are unable to be vaccinated for veterinary reasons, these will be referred to the Endurance GB Welfare committee for consultation and advice.
6. Owners of equines who also compete in competitions overseen by other organisations (ie SERC, the FEI, the Jockey Club, British Riding Clubs, the Pony Club, other disciplines, breed societies, etc) should check that their equine's vaccination records also comply with the criteria set out by those organisations as they may have different requirements.
Added - 12/01/2020
2020 TROPHY AND HELP REGISTRATION FORM
This year's Trophy and Help Registration Form is now available on the Forms page.
and EVENT LOG CARD
You need to help at at least one of our rides to qualify for our Group Awards and Trophies and, of course, none of rides could take part without the valuable help of our members.
Please complete the form and send it to Pat Guerin as soon as possible so all your rides qualify and we know where you are willing to help - Mandy will already be looking to see who wants to help with the Weaver Navigation PR which be upon us shortly.
Pat needs the forms by 31st March at the very latest.
Pat Guerin, The Laurels, Brick Bank Lane, Allostock, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 9LZ
If you wish Pat to supply you with a copy of this year's Event Log Card (which is also available to download on the Forms page) then please enclose a large SAE.
Added - 10/01/2020
CHESHIRE GROUP DISTANCE CARDS
I have received Distance Cards from the following:
If you haven't done so already this is your last call to submit you Distance Card.
Please remember to include the ride where you helped.
Please email a copy of your card(s) to me at:
Added - 02/01/2020
FUN CHRISTMAS LYRICS QUIZ
Looking for a relaxing break from the Christmas festivities?
Well don't look here!
There is a link below to 40 lines from various Christmas songs and carols but can you (and/or your family) identify where they come from?
As it is only for fun there is also a link to the answers to save you going mad trying to place that lyric you know but can't quite remember where it comes from!
Click here for the quiz.
Click here for the answers.
Hope you're having (or have had) a happy Christmas
Added - 25/12/2019
CHESHIRE GROUP DISTANCE CARDS
Please don't forget your distance cards should be submitted to Pennie Drummond by 31st December 2019.
Please complete the following before forwarding:
- Include a copy of your Mastercard(s) for your competitive events (National points for placings and gradings are now included as well as distance).
- Please write the total kilometres you are claiming after the last entry on your distance card.
- Remember to include the ride where you helped and mark this with an H in the Ride Type column and 32 km in the Distance column.
- To qualify for the Groupís Trophies you MUST have helped at a ride. All members will receive annual or accumulative awards as appropriate.
- Remember only 4 charity or non-endurance rides to count. Please indicate on your card which ones have been included in your total should there be more listed. All Bridleway Groups rides count. Sport Endurance rides are not recognised and do not qualify for inclusion.
- If you wish for confirmation of safe receipt please include an SAE or an email address.
- Cards received after 31st December 2019 will only qualify for annual kilometre rosettes/accumulative awards.
- Address for Pennie: Pine View Farm, 69 Northwich Road, Cranage, Nr Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 9LE.
- Ensure correct postage is used - Pennie will NOT collect any items from the sorting office should an "insufficient postage paid" notification card be received.
Added - 15/12/2019
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
CONGLETON PLEASURE RIDE:
(EVENTS COMING UP OR IN THE PLANNING STAGE)
This is our last ride this year and takes place on Sunday 17th November 2019. Don't miss out - entries are open so put yours in now.
The venue is Siemen's Car Park, Eaton Bank, Congleton. CW12 1PH.
The ride (of 20km or about 12 miles) takes in the Biddulph Valley Way, bridleways & quiet lanes with Wonderful views over the Cheshire Plain.
Go to our Pleasure Rides page for more details.
Event completed successfully.
Next up is the Inter-Bridleways Group Quiz on
Monday 18th November 2019. Not long away now. The quiz starts at 7.30 in The Golden Pheasant, Plumley, WA16 9RX. Food is available from 5pm in the dining area but please book it yourself (and give yourself time to finish before the quiz starts!).
Lots of prizes!
There is a small entry fee of £5 per team of 3-6 quizzers.
If you are interested in joining a team (or have a team to enter) please contact Liz Finney at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01565 633310/07970 203362.
A team from our group came second (by one point) - well done.
ANNUAL MEETING AND AWARDS EVENING:
This will take place at the Heyrose Golf Club, Tabley, WA16 0HZ (on Budworth Rd. off B5391 off A556 from J19 M6 and signed from The Windmill towards Arley Hall) on FRIDAY 7th, (confirmed by Pat) February 2020
Planned for 15th March 2020 but not yet confirmed. At this stage the aim is for something very similar to last year's very popular and well-received day where everyone had a short assessment with Lucy Denby when they arrived on their own posture, followed by Andraya Hiscock assessing their horse before a ridden assessment with Claire Whitfield, Andraya and Lucy.
PROPOSED RIDE DATES FOR 2020:
April 5th Weaver Navigation PR;
May 9th Frolic ER;
June 13th Wirral ER;
July end Whitegate Way PR;
Sept ? Clocaenog PR;
Oct 10 or 17 tbc Delamere PR;
Nov Congleton PR.
There could also be a Trans Penine PR depending on finding a suitable venue.
Unfortunately Chester Zoo will not be included for 2020.
We are always looking for new rides, to resurrect lost rides and, of course, for anyone to organise a ride - so if you can help in any way we'll snap your hand off.
Updated - 04/12/2019
A page called News Archive has been created to store old news items. The intention is to remove items from this News page to the News Archive as soon as they become irrelevant. This should help keep the News page current and quicker to load - 2/5/2006