|CHESHIRE GROUP of ENDURANCE GB|
EQUINE INFLUENZA - EGB's POLICYDetails of EGB's Equine Influenza Policy (which seem unchanged from last year) are available here but, for convenience and ready reference, I have copied them below at the foot of this News item.
If you are already a Full Member or a Supporter of Endurance GB, then you can upload a copy of the 'Flu Vaccination Certificate for the horse or horses that you have registered with EGB. The Certificate will be validated by the EGB office and made available to the ride entry secretaries for all national rides that you choose to enter.
Details of how to do this are set out here.
Apparently approval by the office can take up to 5 days depending on the volume received so you may want to bear that in mind.
Unfortunately, you will still have to lodge the evidence with your entries for each local ride you enter for the time being.
ENDURANCE GB'S EQUINE INFLUENZA POLICY
In consultation with the Animal Health Trust and the British Equestrian Federation, Endurance GB have drawn up the following policy with regard to flu vaccination and vaccination records. This policy remains in place during the current Equine Influenza outbreak but may be subject to change as this is an ever changing issue.
The equine's flu vaccination records must be uploaded with the event entry, emailed to the event organiser, or, in the case of paper entry, forwarded to the Endurance GB event organiser with the event entry. This applies to national or social rides, training events, etc., where equines are present. Please note that the vaccination record and identification pages of the passport must be forwarded.
Equines must undergo a primary course where the first and second vaccinations are no less than 21 days and no more than 92 days apart. For equines attending Endurance GB events, the vaccination following the second vaccination of the primary course must be carried out within 7 months; the BEF strongly recommend the window for vaccination being between 150 and 215 days after the primary course. Equines who have undergone the initial 2 vaccinations in the primary course are permitted to take part in the event.
Vaccination 2: 21-92 days after vaccination 1
Vaccination 3: within 7 months of vaccination 2 (150 to 215 days after vaccination 2 preferred)
Vaccination 4: onwards within 12 months of the previous vaccination
Please also note the following:
1. The vaccination records will only be checked for the 4 calendar years preceding the event date.
2. Equines may not take part in an event until 7 days have elapsed after any vaccination.
3. The equine's passport must be with the driver of the vehicle on entry to a venue ready for examination and must be taken to the secretary on registration at the event.
4. Venues may have individual protocols for vaccination and checking, and may put additional criteria in place. These will be detailed in the event information and must also be complied with.
5. In cases where equines are unable to be vaccinated for veterinary reasons, these will be referred to the Endurance GB Welfare committee for consultation and advice.
6. Owners of equines who also compete in competitions overseen by other organisations (ie SERC, the FEI, the Jockey Club, British Riding Clubs, the Pony Club, other disciplines, breed societies, etc) should check that their equine's vaccination records also comply with the criteria set out by those organisations as they may have different requirements.
Added - 12/01/2020
2020 TROPHY AND HELP REGISTRATION FORM
This year's Trophy and Help Registration Form is now available on the Forms page.
CHESHIRE GROUP DISTANCE CARDS
DON'T FORGET!Please don't forget your distance cards should be submitted to Pennie Drummond by 31st December 2019.
Please complete the following before forwarding:
Added - 15/12/2019
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
CONGLETON PLEASURE RIDE:
News ArchiveA page called News Archive has been created to store old news items. The intention is to remove items from this News page to the News Archive as soon as they become irrelevant. This should help keep the News page current and quicker to load - 2/5/2006
TOP of pageClick your browser's Back button or the Cheshire Group logo to return to the Home page.